Host Party – International Youth Forum
Konectenu, is registered under the Registrar of Association of Mauritius as a Non-Governmental organization (NGO). Established in 2013, konectenu is an exciting non-profit platform focusing on youth development, that unites citizens who wish to bring on national policies and programmes for youth empowerment.
In this world of complex interdependence where Collaboration, Connection and Commitment are the cornerstones to create a better place, konectenu finds it imperative to join in the struggle of contributing towards making a global change.
Konectenu has come forward with a platform which recognises interconnections among various groups and different stakeholders with the aim of finding common solutions to the haunting and daunting issues which are affecting our globalised era.
Still in its embryo, konectenu aspires to achieve heights by creating unprecedented events around the world which will give ambassadors of tomorrow a forum to focus on national policies and programmes as well as calling them to give their view points on various socio-political and economic issues, in order to contribute towards creating a sustainable world.
The main objectives of konectenu are:
- Provide a forum for intergenerational dialogue between young leaders and youth development practitioners to build leadership capacities for young leaders through experience sharing.
- Inspire young leaders to become ambassadors of good governance and leadership practices in their organisations and communities.
- Create a strong and diverse base of future leaders in Mauritius.
- Familiarise young leaders with issues, needs, resources and other factors that influence the world’s future.
- Introduce young leaders to new materials, techniques, and approaches to youth development.